Spring Flowers Made Using Plastic Spoons

Using plastic spoons for crafts is nothing new, but it's something that I hadn't done, so I thought I'd give it a try. Making flowers seemed like a good first time spoon craft for me. They are easy to put together and I've got several ideas in mind for using them in my spring time decor.
Breaking or cutting plastic spoons leaves jagged edges. After thinking about it for a bit, I decided that I would use a lighter to soften the plastic and then use scissors to cut the spoon apart.
Hold the spoon close to the flame for a few seconds and it will melt and bend down. It's easy to then snip it apart cleanly with scissors.
I used a small paper doily as a backing for these, but you can just as easily cut your own paper circle to use. Find the center point of the circle and use hot glue to place a petal in place. Continue adding petals, spacing them as close as you would like. The closer they are placed, the more petals you'll have, giving you a large or small flower.
To fill the center, I hot glued a small pom pom in place.
Using different colors gives the spring time pop I was looking for.
The best part about these little cuties is that the cost is next to nothing. Plastic spoons from the dollar store and a bag of pom poms and you're all set.

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd

• Dianne Tinline
    Dianne Tinline

So you think we could use a tea light in the center and they would float in a pool
    • Kathy
      Kathy

I think it would be cute as a 3-d wall accent too use double sided tape. Tape the flowers to a wall and draw stems and leaves

• Claudette
    Claudette

Where do you find cheap colored spoons?
  • Bwarner50
    Bwarner50

What did you do with the flowers once you had them finished? Let me know. I've made other flowers from spoons - like a giant sunflower last summer.

• Yvonne Roebuck
    Yvonne Roebuck

I'm always looking for craft ideas for my grandbabies. Great idea, thank you for sharing.

• Goldbeargirl
    Goldbeargirl

LOVE this! These could be used or placed anywhere, just use different backing on them. How fun to put on a wall or on a picture??!!