Conversation Starter Stones & Free Printable/Cut File!

This past Valentine's Day, I was looking for something fun and different my husband and I could do besides the typical flowers, chocolate, and stuffed teddy bears. I mean those are great (especially the chocolate!), but after being together for over 11 years, we've sort of moved beyond that. We'd rather save our money for vacations or things for the house, and since we have a toddler at home with no babysitter, we're kinda limited with our date night options.
Here's what I came up with: Conversation Starter Stones! These little guys:
- Are cheap to make thanks to using stones from the dollar store.
- Are super quick and easy to put together.
- Can easily be discussed over dinner, dessert, in the car, or anytime really.
- Will allow for some serious discussion as well as some serious laughs!
- Are a great interactive game for spouses, families, the classroom, teams, etc.....although you may want to leave out some of the topics if using with kiddos. ;)
conversation starter stones free printable cut file, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
I grabbed a couple bags of large glass gem stones from my local Dollar Tree the cut out some clear stickers with my cutting machine.
You can find more details and photos in my full tutorial, as well as a FREE printable and/or Silhouette .studio cut file to make your own set!
For the FULL TUTORIAL, see my original blog post here: http://www.wherethesmileshavebeen.com/conversation-starter-stones-and-free-printable/

Where The Smiles Have Been

• Melissa Miller

Can I buy a set of these from you? Just the stickers would be fine. I can pot them on the glass myself.

• Tina Lindsey

You can buy sticker paper for the computer to print your own, or draw your own pictures on a piece of paper, then mod lodge it on the gems.

• Sno3975403

I want to do this with some words cut out of the Bible and make them into magnets. What kind of glue should I use that won't smear the ink? This is the 1st time I'm trying to do something like this. I'm a little worried of the outcome since I usually do just Card & Scrapbooking.

• Annie

I Used E6000 glue and made all my magnets for my church primary class . I also added different types of glitter and cute sprapbook paper for color and texture.

• Wkd16237385

Can I buy the stickers too? Love this idea!!!!

• Debra Adkins-Brown

This is a great idea. Living in a retirement community gives my neighbors and me a lot of free time. I teach crafting classes here and this would be fun to make and then use as a game during our welcoming parties.

• Diana Scott

Love it!

I’m going to use some of these ideas in my high school library. Thanks for sharing.