Marty's Musings
Marty's Musings
  • Greensboro, NC

What Can You Make With a $1 Frame and Some Chicken Wire?

When I transformed my master bedroom I wanted a unique way to display and find my earrings. Using a yard sale frame, some metallic paint and chicken wire this DIY project went from boring to fab!
what can you make with a 1 frame and some chicken wire, bedroom ideas, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
The finished product.
Lose your jewelry like I used to? Here's unique way to decorate and organize at the same time!
The frame was $1 at a yard sale and I bought it because I loved the intricate design. I wanted a burnished gold look for the frame to blend in with the rest of the bedroom and I also needed to paint over the canvas strip around the inside of the frame.
I used Modern Masters Gold Rush (semi opaque) ME658 for the first coat over the entire frame. I just used a disposable foam craft brush to apply.
I then used a coat of Modern Masters ME221 Warm Silver (opaque) and this worked much better!
All the details for attaching the chicken wire are in the blog post!
Love the way this turned out and I don't lose my earrings anymore!

Marty's Musings

• Joanie

I've never seen this type of chicken wire.......where is it from?
    • Trish

I made this but instead of using chicken wire, I used embroidery mesh and stapled it to frame.

• Sally Harren

This is beautiful for the earrings you can hang like that. How do you store your stud type earrings so they are visible as well?

• Diane

What did you hold that your earrings on with what kind of clips