What Can You Make With a $1 Frame and Some Chicken Wire?

When I transformed my master bedroom I wanted a unique way to display and find my earrings. Using a yard sale frame, some metallic paint and chicken wire this DIY project went from boring to fab!
what can you make with a 1 frame and some chicken wire, bedroom ideas, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
The finished product.
Lose your jewelry like I used to? Here's unique way to decorate and organize at the same time!
The frame was $1 at a yard sale and I bought it because I loved the intricate design. I wanted a burnished gold look for the frame to blend in with the rest of the bedroom and I also needed to paint over the canvas strip around the inside of the frame.
I used Modern Masters Gold Rush (semi opaque) ME658 for the first coat over the entire frame. I just used a disposable foam craft brush to apply.
I then used a coat of Modern Masters ME221 Warm Silver (opaque) and this worked much better!
All the details for attaching the chicken wire are in the blog post!
Love the way this turned out and I don't lose my earrings anymore!
Marty's Musings

• Lyn

What's the size of this frame?? It's exactly what I have been wanting for my earrings!!!!! It's gorgeous

• Elizabeth Sullivan

This type of chicken wire is called hardware cloth and can be found in Home Depot, Lowes as well as stores that sell farm supplies, such as farmer's coop.

• Irene

I wish they had printed the answer. That was my question also. What is a glove mold? I'm 75 and have never heard of it b/4.

• Joanie

I've never seen this type of chicken wire.......where is it from?

• Lor34053934

It's not chicken wire. It is called hardware cloth. You can buy it with different sizes of squares depending on your need.

• Charitie Drye

I have a "thing" for frames that drives my hubby crazy. Lol. Thank you for the inspiration. I'm going to make mine with metal screening and hang it on hinges so I can get to the back to take my posts off. Plus I'm going to spray paint the screening yo match my walls.

• Ros34200638

Yes I will,you are awesome!never would have thought of that.My ratings are everywhere. Thanks so much!