Asked on Feb 22, 2015

Uses for pasta sauce jars?

Nancy Thatcher9530106Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd
+6

I have some Prego pasta sauce jars and was wondering if anyone had ideas for cool makeovers?
  • Mandy Brown
    Mandy Brown

I save all my glass jars. I've used large pickle jars as apothecary jars by gluing candle sticks to the bottoms using E-6000, painting the lid and adding a finial. You can etch the sides of the jar with glass etching cream to add decoration or labels as well. I'll use some jars to hold grease from frying ground beef or other meat and keep adding to it until it's full enough to toss. I've used them in place of mason jars when making "gifts in a jar". The slender shape sometimes works better when adding to gift baskets. I sew so I keep odd buttons, safety pins, snaps, etc. in jars so they don't get lost.

• Donna
    Donna

I save my Prego jars too and I think you can use them for all the mason jar crafts you see all over the web. I'm going to use a few of mine as pretty storage jars by removing the label, wrapping the jar with a band of wide burlap ribbon, then adding a piece of lace ribbon over that just as a pretty detail. I'll paint the lids with acrylic paint and use them to store all sorts of things. Excited to see what ideas you come up with!

• KathrynElizabeth Etier
    KathrynElizabeth Etier

It's not creative but I use glass jars from a variety of foods instead of plastic containers for leftovers and craft storage.

• Janglin28
    Janglin28

I did this to mine. If you spray paint only the outside of the jar it is food safe. I have a shelf lined with them. http://sarahhearts.com/2013-02-18/anthropologie-jars/

• Sandy Schneider Paty
    Sandy Schneider Paty

I use jars with lids all the time. Remove the label, spray paint the lid (whatever color your heart desires), add a draw pull to the lid. I have some in the bathroom containing make up sponges, q tips & cotton balls. The ideas are endless. Also, you can get a lot of neat ideas from mason jar crafts for regular jars. Hope this helped.

• I used some pasta jars to make counter top holders for wooden kitchen utensils. I spray painted the outside of the jars and added a seashell embellishment with some twine.

q uses for jars, crafts, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, Spray painted pasta jars with twine and seashells used as utensil holders
  • 9530106
    9530106

Your colors are very pretty. What spray paint did you use? I love the shape of the jars, also! :)

• Nancy Thatcher
    Nancy Thatcher

We save our pasta and pickle jars and any other glas jar for canning. You can actually reveal the lids several times before they stop sealing. Just be sure they actually do seal. We use a pressure cooker for just about everything canned, even left over soups and sauces. We use the smaller jars for gift jams for friends and neighbors. We have never had a jar break in about 40 years and only a couple of jars a year that don't seal.