Kammy's Korner
Kammy's Korner
  • Parma, MI

When A Drawer Is Missing Or Defunct

Some people see little hope for a furniture piece that has busted drawers. Usually, I end up with drawers with no home and find a way to repurpose them. In this case, I had the dresser, but without two of it's drawers!
when a drawer is missing or defunct, chalk paint, painted furniture
I scored this antique waterfall dresser at a yard sale a few years ago for five dollars. What happens when you let a dresser sit outside in a barn for a few years? Drawers become homes to pesty little critters... and the smell they leave is less than pleasant! But is all hope lost when the drawers must be tossed on the burn pile? Of course not!
After cleaning the rest of the dresser and airing it out from it's stinky, rodent smell, I discarded the two bad drawers and painted the dresser white with home made chalk paint.
Using a piece of scrap wood, we rested it on the ledge across the back and held it in place with screws on the front sides.
There is now a basket at the bottom for storage and extra pillows and throws on the top shelf. To see more details of this dresser redo, please visit: http://www.kammyskorner.com/2015/01/the-waterfall-dresser-woes-before-after.html
Kammy's Korner

• Bethany

What type of scrap wood did you use for the shelf... also did you remove the middle piece of the drawer track ?

• Kammy's Korner

It was just a piece of plywood that I painted white, and to be honest this was so long ago I can't even remember, but yes, if there was a drawer track, I did remove it.