A treeless ladder Christmas tree

It started as a joke. I wanted a Christmas tree up early but didn't want a real one to die on me before the big day, so a random ladder got it instead. Just for fun. But now it's staying! Much to my non junker son's dismay...

A theme of spent hydrangeas,vintage influences and nature were the theme on this fun take on a tree. (inspired by Eclectically Vintage's last year's ladder tree, see blog post)
When you get up close and personal to it, it's actually very pretty!
The base received some galvanized buckets and hydrangea love as a filler.
You have no idea how bright a treeless tree when the lights go out. Those branches really hold back light! But not this year. :)
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Elaine

I love this very creative idea of yours, Donna! It could easily stay up all year. Wishing you and your son a very Merry Christmas ... greetings from Southern Ontario! 🎄🎄
  • Mamamia

could not find a vintage ladder that I could afford, so my husband made me one out of old fenced pieces knocked down from hurricanes. I will decorate it with old ornaments from our nearly 50 year marriage and childrens homemade items. My husband thinks we should keep it up all year round and just decorate it for each individual holiday. He is so proud of it. Me too.