A Chalkboard Globe Using Clear Chalkboard Paint

$20

Did you know there is such thing as CLEAR chalkboard paint?! That's right! That means you can turn virtually anything into a chalkboard surface!paint
I really wanted to paint a chalkboard globe for my son's bedroom - and I had a picture in my head of exactly what I wanted it to look like - gray continents with navy blue water. I thought I could just run to the craft store and buy blue and gray chalkboard paints, but I was disappointed to only be able to find very light shades of blue. I though I would have to go to a specialty paint store to have the colors mixed, but then I noticed a bottle of CLEAR chalkboard paint and decided to give it a try.
I prepped the old globe, painted the landmass and water areas using standard latex paint, added a gold detail between the gray and the blue, and then moved on to the final step of applying the clear chalkboard paint! {deails on each of these steps can be found at the link below}
When I first applied the clear chalkboard paint, I was concerned about how cloudy and streaky it looked, but I was relieved to see that after about 30 minutes it dried perfectly clear!
Just like all other chalkboard surfaces, the clear chalkboard paint needed to be primed before use {details and further explanation at the link below}.
I was thrilled to see that the chalk cleaned off very nicely and left me with a gorgeous globe with a perfect chalkboard sufrace!
Since discovering clear chalkboard paint, I have also used it for a number of other projects! With clear chalkboard paint, the possibilities are endless!

3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Angela, Blue i Style

• Drd4223999
    Drd4223999

I sure didn't know there was clear chalkboard paint! So glad you shared your idea. The globe looks great!

• Maude  LaFountain
    Maude LaFountain

Awesome I will be looking for t his paint ....Thanks for the info and I love your globe now I won't pass up any at yard sales anymore ....that's just awesome