Carmen Johnston
Carmen Johnston
  • Columbus, GA

DIY Citrus Topiary

If there is one gardening staple that I think everyone should have it is the ivy topiary. I have had mine for a few years now and no matter how hard I try-for instance, forgetting to water them in the summer here-they simply refuse to die.
diy citrus topiary, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
I have two topiaries, one on each side of the sink in my potting shed. Every now and then I like to take them out and dress them up for a party. These plants are perfect for any last minute decorating you need to do. I can't think of a better way to brighten up our days. Everything is so dreary outside, which is why God created citrus for this time of year.
We had a lot of citrus left over from the holidays and I thought, why not? So, I sliced them up (also placed a few whole fruits to create a base) and created a citrus skirt around the base of my topiary.
To keep some of the citrus in place, I simply used bamboo sticks.
Love the colors.
This is a fun way to dress up your bar. Don't let all of that fruit go to waste! Once your guests are gone, have a little after party for your yourself. Slice up some fruit, submerge fruit in vodka, and place in the fridge for two days. After two days, enjoy a refreshing cocktail.
Carmen Johnston