A Painted Bench Makeover for $10

$10
1 Day

Do you pass up those hideous finds at garage sales? You will think again when you see this amazing transformation. From pink flamingo to gorgeous Farmhouse bench.
A few months ago, I stumbled upon a HUGE community yard sale. I hit about 60 homes and walked away with tons o goodies! Here's one of them. The seller originally wanted $30 for it, but I was able to negotiate it down to $10. I walked away knowing that I had a treasure.
Pink. Flamingo. Y'all! My husband was shocked when I brought this colorful piece into our home! It's definitely not our style or color scheme!
Now some of you may LOOOVE pink flamingos, palm trees and painted boats adrift on the ocean, but I thought this was so in need of some love. Here's my finished product:
Did I mention I got this baby for $10?!? I stripped all of the pink paint off and found a coat of white primer underneath. The primer wouldn't come off completely when I was stripping it, but I stained over it anyway and I love the finished product. Hint's of that white peeking thru give it that worn look I was hoping for.
I wanted the top to be darker and only left a small amount of the primer on and stained over it. The stain I used was a Cabot all in one poly stain in Dark Oak and added about 3 coats.
The bench opens up for great storage. Underneath, you can really see how the white primer would not come off. I do love that variegated look, though!
I simply painted the bottom a creamy white to cover the artist's original rendering.
I paired the bench with a few dollar store finds - all in all, an easy transformation that looks much better than the original!

Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Noting Grace

1 comment