Pallet Wood Letters

My husband and I wanted to build a meaningful piece of art to hang on our children's bedroom wall. When we came across a pallet, we knew we could use it to create something beautiful!
We built these letters without spending a penny by using scraps of plywood, a pallet and leftover paint and stain.
Before we added the LOVE letters, the wall was boring and unfinished.
Using 1/4 inch plywood, we sketched out our letter shapes and cut them out with a table saw and jig saw.
We cut the pallet boards into manageable lengths and then ripped them into different size widths with the table saw.
Using a nail gun and some wood glue, we covered our plywood template with the pieces of pallet board.
After sanding each letter, I applied a coat of walnut stain to each one.
To add a little color, we painted a few different types of gray/blue paint over top of the stain.
And then sanded off some of the paint to expose the texture of the pallet wood.
To give each letter some additional detail, we ripped down some smaller strips of the pallet boards and used them to outline each letter.
The letters match the rustic theme of our kids' bedroom.
To see more of our children's bedroom makeover http://krusesworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/02/kids-bedroom-makeover-part-4-storage.html
For more projects like this, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kruses-Workshop/544083725671242?ref=br_tf

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Heidi

• Riza
    Riza

how much does each letter cost

• Kathryn Sanderson
      Kathryn Sanderson

She says they found a pallet and had the plywood, stain, etc, on hand, so the whole project was free.

• Kaitlin
    Kaitlin

I like the look of your boxy letters. Which font did you use for your printed out letters? Thanks!

• Emily
    Emily

Where did you guys get your wire baskets for books?

• Erica Smith
    Erica Smith

Bbeautiful job! Love the paints over stain and worn rustic look! Will be doing a word for My daughter very soon. In the process of redoing the ever changing needs and growth of soon to be 10 and a 17 yr old! Lol

• Maxine Waller
    Maxine Waller

Gorgeous!