DIY Wood Safe Floor Cleaner

I have made a ton of homemade cleaning solutions, but was a little nervous about making a mopping solution for my wood floors. I wanted to make sure that I could make something that wouldn't damage them, but will still get them clean. After much research, I came up with the perfect DIY Wood Safe Floor Cleaner!
You will need a gallon container (like an old milk jug), white vinegar, castile soap and lemon or citrus essential oils.
Fill your container with water up to the point where the jug starts to curve in. Next add your vinegar and castile soap.
Now add your lemon or citrus essential oils. These help to lift anything that is sticky or stuck to your floors without scrubbing or damaging them.
Now add 1 cup to 1 gallon of hot water in a bucket or my sink and get to mopping ;)
I love the smell this leaves in our home, and the fact that there is no residue left on my floors! To get the exact measurements and see so many more homemade cleaning solutions, click the link below!

Mom4Real

• Chanda Russell

How much vinegar and Castile soap do you add. It doesn’t say.

• Barbara

Does this work on cork floor?

• Jan

I was told by the professional ago helped me sand old wood floors to their original beauty that I should never use any product that had water ad an ingredient or steam clean the floors no matter what the product claims. He said the damage may not show right away, but over the years it will damage the wood. Did you check with professionals before you came up with this?

• Izzy

According to US.Bona. com, here are the ingredients:

Aqua

PPG-2 METHYL ETHER

Butoxypropanol

Diisobutylene-Maleic Acid Copolymer

PEG/PPG PROPYLHEPTYL ETHER

Isotridecanol Ethoxylate

Alcohol Ethoxylate

Trisodium Dicarboxymethyl Alaninate

Citric Acid

Liquitint® Blue HP

Benzisothiazolinone

Methylisothiazolinone

So as you can see, aqua is the very first ingredient, which means it is the main ingredient of this product. And of course, aqua means water. So your product Bona, contains a larger ratio of water than any other ingredient.

• Brenda Mitchell At Sipayik

This a great cleaner! Not good for laminate flooring tho. the acid (over time) will damage the laminate.
  • Mimi Chapman

Bono does not clean hardwood better than distilled vinegar, dish liquid, baking soda, and lemon oil. My floors were beautiful when I finished and my house smelled so clean.
    • Pat C

I would love to know the amounts of each ingredient you use. My wood floors really need a good cleaning, and I was thinking about trying Bono, but I would really like to try your idea.