DIY Wood Safe Floor Cleaner

I have made a ton of homemade cleaning solutions, but was a little nervous about making a mopping solution for my wood floors. I wanted to make sure that I could make something that wouldn't damage them, but will still get them clean. After much research, I came up with the perfect DIY Wood Safe Floor Cleaner!
You will need a gallon container (like an old milk jug), white vinegar, castile soap and lemon or citrus essential oils.
Fill your container with water up to the point where the jug starts to curve in. Next add your vinegar and castile soap.
Now add your lemon or citrus essential oils. These help to lift anything that is sticky or stuck to your floors without scrubbing or damaging them.
Now add 1 cup to 1 gallon of hot water in a bucket or my sink and get to mopping ;)
I love the smell this leaves in our home, and the fact that there is no residue left on my floors! To get the exact measurements and see so many more homemade cleaning solutions, click the link below!

Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Mom4Real

• Barbara

Does this work on cork floor?

• Jan

I was told by the professional ago helped me sand old wood floors to their original beauty that I should never use any product that had water ad an ingredient or steam clean the floors no matter what the product claims. He said the damage may not show right away, but over the years it will damage the wood. Did you check with professionals before you came up with this?

• Izzy

According to US.Bona. com, here are the ingredients:

Aqua

PPG-2 METHYL ETHER

Butoxypropanol

Diisobutylene-Maleic Acid Copolymer

PEG/PPG PROPYLHEPTYL ETHER

Isotridecanol Ethoxylate

Alcohol Ethoxylate

Trisodium Dicarboxymethyl Alaninate

Citric Acid

Liquitint® Blue HP

Benzisothiazolinone

Methylisothiazolinone

So as you can see, aqua is the very first ingredient, which means it is the main ingredient of this product. And of course, aqua means water. So your product Bona, contains a larger ratio of water than any other ingredient.

• Michal

Can you make this and store it to use as needed?

• Nicole

I'm just wondering why not one is thinking about the fact that most floors are sealed or maybe that they need to seal their floors. Just wondering

• Judy Sideb

I used a vinegar solution on a laminate floor and was very happy with the results. But the directions said to use a spray bottle and only wet a 3'x3' area, mop and then use a dry towel to dry the area. It isn't the liquid, vinegar or water, that hurts the floor. It is leaving it wet for any amount of time that causes damage. This is true of any wood surface.