Organized Clutter
Organized Clutter
  • International Falls, MN

Quick, Easy and Cheap Burlap Valances

Last year at this time I was lucky enough to find burlap Christmas garland on clearance at 70% off. I made the garland into valances.
Last year I made these burlap valances for my kitchen windows.
This was the original price of the garland I purchased after Christmas for 70% off.
The garland was made by Sullivan's and was 11 1/4" wide.  The top and bottom of the garland has a finished edge so I just measured the windows and cut the garland a little wider than the windows.
The garland was made by Sullivan's and was 11 1/4" wide. The top and bottom of the garland has a finished edge so I just measured the windows and cut the garland a little wider than the windows.
I folded the sides under and used an iron on hemming  tape to finish the side edges. One garland made two valances.  I used clothespins to hang them on a cafe rod.
I folded the sides under and used an iron on hemming tape to finish the side edges. One garland made two valances. I used clothespins to hang them on a cafe rod.
Organized Clutter

• Donna Hallowell

no it's not for sale, I'm going to restore it, I'm just starting it, I'm open to ideas ,colors. Etc. I would never sell it, it was the last antique my father got me at a auction, it's priceless to me. But if you have or see any ideas,let me know please , I'm open to any ideas.

• Paula Palmer

I have a old burlap romen blind that was falling apart, this is great idea to recycle!