Welcome To My Potting Shed

Spring will soon be arriving and it will be time to reopen my potting shed. My potting shed is my favorite place to hang out. It's my own little creative space where I spend time gardening, working on projects, reading and listening to music.
welcome to my potting shed, container gardening, gardening, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
This is the small porch on my potting shed. The potting shed is 11ft. x 22 ft. so it gives me plenty of space to work on projects.
Morning Glories and Hyacinth Bean flowers climb the trellis on the porch of the potting shed.
This old scale, planted with pretty blue Lobelia hangs outside the potting shed door.
There's a little bench along the one side of the porch which is used to display vintage pieces and flowers. I usually change it out a couple times during the Summer.
These two benches provide a large work space for projects and potting plants.
I love this little nook area of my potting shed! I suspended an old window frame from the ceiling to use as a drying rack and placed the wash tub table under it.
These double galvanized laundry tubs are a favorite of mine. I placed an old porcelain top from a Hoosier on top of them to create a table. The inside is used for storage and the top for displaying garden items.
I used vintage hankies to make valances for the windows in the potting shed. Old telephone insulators are displayed above the four windows.
I love looking at flea markets and auctions for vintage items to display in my potting shed and home.
In this corner hangs a picture of lilacs, some graniteware, old tools, lavender hanging from an antique pulley, old wooden dynamite box, ball jars, etc....
A few of my vintage brass nozzles that I collect ...
A few of my flower frog collection in an old wooden box...
An old wooden garden tote holds foxgloves & vintage garden tools.
These double porcelain laundry tubs are used to store potting soil. The small enamelware pans hanging above them are used to scoop out the soil.
The old blue bucket is planted with Lobelia and displayed with an old pump outside my Potting Shed. Thanks for visiting my potting shed! To see more pics follow the link to the blog ~
Judy Walters Weiss

• Win19021039

I am interested in building a similar shed. Was it a kit or did you have it built?

• Judy Walters Weiss

It was an existing shed on our property when we bought it. My husband put a new hip roof on it, moved the walls to create the small porch & sided the exterior. We made 2 sturdy work benches & cabinets for storage. I painted 2 coats of paint on the walls & ceiling ....and then it was time to have fun decorating it!

• Barbara Waller

I do this. Love it. Use the blue morning glories.

• Sheri Farley

I don’t have a question but I love love your potting shed absolutely gorgeous! I also collect vintage items have several metal strainers the old water dippers I have been looking for the wash tubs and the water pump I guess that’s what you would call it lol not found one in my budget yet!! I’m working on getting me a she shed as of right not using my detached carport great in the spring and summ not so good in the winter! You have done a wonderful job decorating and I can see why you would spend most of your time there thanks for sharing!!