How to Clean Your Top Loading Washing Machine

How to Clean Your Top Loading Washing Machine with one simple ingredient! Yes, all you need is white vinegar and your washing machine will be sparkling clean and smell amazing.
You can even use lemon juice in place of white vinegar if you desire. I prefer using the white vinegar.
We have step by directions for you on the blog. This is a great way to get rid of the stinky smell that washers often have. This works really well and makes your washer look and smell like new again.
We also have a tip for you on how to remove the stinky smell from clothes that you accidentally leave in the washer too long too!

Stockpiling Moms

• Diane

I'll try the white vinegar in the fabric softener cup and see if that loosens up anything. I don't think I'll put any clothes in though. I'll just run one load through.

• Meem Kaplan

I have begun using white vinegar rather than fabric softener and it's wonderful! My clothes are no longer dingy from the minerals in the water, I don't have to hold my nose from the intense smell of the fabric softener and my clothing comes out soft anyway. That plus the fact that the tub stays clean is a huge win-win for me.

• Garfie

I actually add a cup of white vinegar to most of my loads. I train and love dogs so my laundry can get rather smelly. Many times, I will recover someone's ill dog or "sit" a newborn puppy while mom is away. This means plenty of messy things, especially incontinent and protective pads. The vinegar is a great aromatic. I will mix bleach and vinegar in the same load as well. Don't worry about put clothes in the vinegar tub. I don't recommend this for you angora sweaters and other delicates.