DIY Jewelry Organizer From Shutters

$15

For a long time, I suffered through tangled necklaces and earrings. I kept them all lumped together in a box and I hadn't found a better solution. I picked some old shutters up at the thrift store and that's when inspiration struck!
I wanted something that would hold my dangly earrings as well as my necklaces. I noticed that the slats on these shutters were the perfect size to hold my earrings!
I cleaned them off good and then spray painted them white. I wanted a shabby chic look, so after painting, I took a hammer and sandpaper and beat them up a little bit.
I added cup hooks to the front to hang necklaces on and hangers to the back so I could hang it on the wall.
Everything fits perfectly! No more tangled up necklaces and earrings!

Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Elizabeth {Real Inspired}

• Sharon Renfroe Bruce
    Sharon Renfroe Bruce

If you paint a few of those wall hangers and attach them to the front, you can hang post earrings (attach the backs) from the hangers.

• Kat
      Kat

I have mostly post earrings too. I don't know if I'm being dense but I don't understand what you mean😥

Could you post a photo so I could understand? I see so many of these cute jewelry organizer ideas but none show what to do with post earrings.

Thanks for any help you can give. I have some shutters waiting for me to make this.

• Veralucia Santos
    Veralucia Santos

Show!