Creativity Gone Wrong

$10

I have been trying to find the right way to share this story because it has the ability to offend but I promise you all that this all happened very innocently. I guess I should start at the beginning.
I love industrial mixed with glamour. To me it is all very Restoration Hardware, a store that I am obsessed with.
creativity gone wrong, the finished product
the "finished" product.....
I took three parts of galvanized metal to create a towel holder in my master bathroom…
creativity gone wrong
creativity gone wrong
creativity gone wrong
I put them together and well I am not going to show that photo on here because it looks like a part of male anatomy.
But I removed the part that made it really look like that part and spray painted it matte black and I do like the look.
I guess the reason I posted this is because for years I have suffered with self stunted creativity. I have always felt that my thoughts aren’t good enough and what ever I do is going to end up being stupid or look awful. But this time I laughed heartily, removed the “offending” part and have moved on.
If anyone else out there is suffering the same negative self talk please stop. You are wonderful and can do wonderful things. Just believe in yourself.
Now I won’t share if I will keep all three together when installed. I may because it is FUNNY and I have no children. But my lesson with this experience is to stop the negative self talk, laugh when life gives you something to laugh at and keep on creating!
Have a great day and if you want to see all of it, please go take a look at my site….
RayeC
RCooper @ thoughtsbyher.com

• Diana Wearing

Too funny I had the same issue with a salt shaker I was using for a project - still haven't been able to complete it...

• Gretchen Mercer

Hahaha...love it! Reminds me sculpture made by the mother on Everybody Loves Raymond"...everybody but her saw "it." Who knows? Might be a great conversation piece!

• @Gretchen Mercer That is so funny! I even told my mom not to worry, I wouldn't be making a lady friend for this towel holder.