Mason Jar Vases

Every month, several bloggers come together for a Pinterest Challenge. I joined in this month, and made some Spring mason jar vases! We've ALL pinned things that we "intend" to make, but never get around to. This Pinterest Challenge really helps us follow through! The pin I made these from actually used them as votive candle holders, but I wanted spring-y flowers in my house instead!
You'll need some jars (any size), fabric, Mod Podge (or watered down white glue), scissors, a pencil, and a paint brush.
To start, I lined up my mason jar on my fabric with the end of the jar to the edge of the fabric. I slowly rolled the jar down the fabric and using my pencil, made a line at the top of the jar so I knew how long my fabric needed to be.
Then I cut the fabric out and cut them into 1/2 to 1 inch strips. I dipped the strips one by one in Mod Podge, and put them (pattern side out) in the jar.
I used my paint brush to smooth our air bubbles. I let them dry for 24 hrs, and I added some fake flowers to bring some pretty spring decor to my kitchen table! (Don't add water to the inside; these are for fake flowers only!)
To see more detailed instructions, visit my blog!
Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness

• Lisa

Could you insert a smaller jar inside to hold real flowers with water? Really think that would work

• Donna Frederick

I used a vintage hankie to decoupage a large clear salt shaker. But the finished product is rough to the touch, Is this normal?????

• Annette

Yes, and I have not figured out a way around this issue. Other than applying the fabric to the inside, but then it is not waterproof

• Dpbeee2

That looks very pretty and sounds easy. However, how is really getting those strips inside the jar with the MP adherent and smooth and straight? Wow! Going to try it. Thank you.

• "D"

I will be using a printed red-white & blue fabric for my jars. I plan on using them as a table decoration for 4th of July. Thank you for sharing this idea. Love it!

• Doreen Kennedy

I love this idea. I have a bunch of tall glass cylinders that would look great with decoupaged fabric.