DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

A really large project for our home related #NewYearsResolution

When we moved in to our home almost 2 years ago, the landscaping was well, not really too much to look at. We've been so busy working on the inside of the house that we really haven't done much at all to help it. We are hoping that this year we will be able to spruce up the outside of our home and make it have more curb appeal! It's a BIG job with an acre corner lot to doll up! :)
This is the front view from the street.
This is the front view from the street.
Front /side view from the driveway.
Front /side view from the driveway.
Back view, our patio...love!
Back view, our patio...love!
Lots of flower beds to fill!
Lots of flower beds to fill!
This is our giant yard looking from the front of the house.
DeeDee

• Judy

On front I would shorten the bushes in front of window. Then I would trim them from the bottom so they look like bonsai. I love the trunks and stems. Then I would put a front patio in front of blank wall. I would find some dramatic metal art that is the appropriate size. I would consider adding a pergola to that area. But only if you would like to sit out front. A beautiful umbrella and patio furniture and pots of flowers would be welcoming. Lirope and daylillies are great requiring little work and you can divide every few years to spread around your planting beds. Hostas are fabulous for the same reason. These are my favorite go plants.

• Snapoutofit

Remove the plants from the front yard under windows. Build large window boxes to put underneath those small windows. Add some trailing plants like sweet potato vine . Install some large, bold house #'s

, Considering using this type of an idea for the front brick wall Consider a small growing ornamental tree don t plant too close to house and use perennials, Along with the small tree consider a trellis infront of the blank brick wall There are all types of Clematis you could plant there depending on your area sunlight etc There are some hardy ones and evergreen ones