Roadside Rescue - Soldier Blue Chest

42K Views
This old chest was a hot mess when I picked it up at the curb. You can see it here, free sign and all. It needed some major structural repairs, but the beautiful wood top and the nice drawers made it worth saving.
  • roadside rescue soldier blue chest, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
After making the structural repairs, I got to work making it pretty again. I painted the body with milk paint to keep the rustic vibe. The color is called Soldier Blue.
I sanded the top and stained it with a dark stain. Isn't it pretty now? I sealed the entire piece with General Finishes high performance top coat.
The old pulls were not original and in bad shape. I added new cup pulls from Hickory Hardware.
For more photos and all the details on this Roadside Rescue, please visit my blog.

Suggested materials for this project:

Susan @ Saw Nail and Paint