Fairy Garden in Antique Wicker Basket

An antique wicker plant stand makes a perfect place for a fairy garden.
Granddaughter Reagan loves to move the fairies and to my amazement there are a couple unrecognizable figurines in the garden! Let me show you a quick tutorial of the garden.
The basket interior is fairly deep, so looking around for something to fill the bottom, how about foam swimming noodles? Yes, they are light weight, won’t deteriorate and will take up that extra space.
Cover the bottom and sides with medium weight plastic liner and add good quality potting soil. It is time to decide what plants you would like to use and what fairy garden supplies you would like to use. I purchased a mini-peace lily, a sedum and a small cactus.
I start by putting the higher items to the back and in this case including one side of the basket. I then made a pond with blue rocks and a sidewalk with white rocks. Don’t worry if you want to change things several times, which I do usually. Notice how I have moved the pond in the next picture.
I then use moss to cover the bare spots of dirt. To finish the edges, cut the liner to within 3-4 inches of the edge and tuck into the basket. Make sure not to tuck the liner down to low, it is better to cover the liner edge with moss.
Tip: Keep the moss misted weekly and the garden will stay fresh looking longer. Enjoy!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Minnie's Milestones by Jonni

• Rose Broadway

I have 5-yr old twin Granddaughters that would love this! Looks like we will be Fairy gardening before long! Thanks for the beautiful tutorial!

• Thank you for the very nice comment. Your granddaughters will love a fairy garden. My only problem is my granddaughters love to spray the plants way to much. :-)