Repurposed glass

I am new on Hometalk. During the cold winter here in the Texas panhandle, I enjoy putting together glass that I find in thrift stores and at garage sales. Seeing all the creative ways people repurpose things on Pinterest and this site have inspired me to try my hand at it. I have had so much fun! You need to click on the pictures of some of these to see the whole piece.
A gazing ball made from a bell, a bowl, a heavy purple art-glass vase atop a heavy inverted clear vase with a yellow flowered paper weight nestled inside and mounted on a cake platter. It is over 2 feet tall! Assembled by Nita Hooper
A sassy lady with a bee in her bonnet! When I put the glass on the handled vase, I knew she needed a special hat. Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper.
The Mrs. out for a stroll with her man. When I found the three matching vases, I knew they needed to stay together. Assembled by Nita Hooper.
A Gentleman in White. Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper
A "candle" to light your way. Amberina praying hands on a dish with a crackle-glass inverted vase. I plan to put this over a light source to make it really sparkle. Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper.
A teapot on a teapot totem. The candlestick on the bottom will be placed over a stake in my yarden for stability. Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper.
Sophisticated Lady-in-Blue. Her picture-hat is a heavy bowl with raised spiral swirls. She is ready for the opera...maybe the gentleman in white will be her escort! Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper.
Cobalt Blue yard totem. Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper. Needs to set in the middle of a pretty flower bed!
Orange yard totem planter with an orange-tipped Campfire Plant in the green bowl. Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper.
Cobalt Blue Lady of the Garden. Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper.
Another view of cobalt blue yard totem. Glass redefined and assembled by Nita Hooper. I may plant some succulents in the blue bowl.

• Rita Stone-Conwell

Love your creative glass. Can you tell me the best glue to use? I'm really stumped. Thank you so much for inspiring me.

• Maryann

what kind of glue iused 6000 and it fell apart

• Annette Craker

I use silastic for my garden art when I attach glassware to each other.

• Deb Hodgdon

I use Loctite Go2 clear.

• Teresa

I use Hammerhead Glass Bond (a special adhesive for slick surfaces), clean the surfaces well (alcohol), follow instructions on tube (apply to both surfaces, wait 2 minutes before joining, let set for 24 hrs for full strength bond). If the project involves several pieces, join them one at a time. This could take several days because you would be spacing them 24 hrs apart to get the strongest bond for each piece.

• Charly

You should have used E6000 outdoor glue.
  • Linda

What type of glue did you use
  • Cat32689613

What type adhesive do you use
  • Alb13151879

what kind of glue?