Upcycled Pallet Jewelry Organizer

$10
1 Day

Let me start off by saying I have a SMALL obsession with old wood, pallets in particular. I mean, to the point where I had them lined up along the side of my house and would have probably cut off a finger or two if my husband would have thrown them away. The good thing is, they never go to waste, and I always find a way to put good use to them. :)
First I started off with broken down pallet pieces that I cut to the length I wanted. I love that they are old and some of the wood already had that green patina which I absolutely love!!
Then, using my handheld electric drill, and good ol' paint sticks that you can get at any hardware or paint supply store, carefully placed a screw in each board, placing a paint stick on the top and bottom to secure the wood together.
I had a bunch of hooks and eyelet hooks that were all different sizes and colors, so I used Rust-Oleum's metallic spray paint in oil rubbed bronze purchased from Home Depot
Once they were dry (about an hour 1/2 for each side), I predrilled my holes in my pallet to make it easier for the screws to go in the wood. This was a HUGE time saver!! I've done this a few times before, and shoving those hooks, and twisting them until they were embedded in the wood good enough to actually screw in....I didn't have the energy to exert that much elbow grease this time.
I just kind of eye-balled and spaced the hooks where I wanted them, knowing I could always add more later if I needed to.
And that was it!!! I absolutely LOVE the rustic look this brings to my bathroom, and all the storage it holds. They are all spaced out enough to clearly see all of my earrings and necklaces, without having to dig to find the right one I want to wear!
The only thing I didn't take a picture of was how I hung it. Using picture hanging wire, I tightly wrspped the wire around 2 screws, and drilled it into the back of the wood to ensure the wire would not unwrap over time.
I hope you enjoyed the detailed instructions on how ANYONE can turn a broken pallet not only into something functional to hold your jewelry, but also serves as a beautiful piece of art for my bathroom!

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Amber LeBlanc a/k/a Fashionably Baked

• Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim

I love the old wood in this! I'm doing a round up of jewelry organization ideas, would you mind if I used one of your pictures and included a link back to your original blog post?

• Jewellmartin

@AmberLeBlanc. I hope you say yes to Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim. I love your idea of using really rustic boards. I only have a dozen necklaces, so I think one of my boards would be sufficient. I have been using kitchen cup hooks screwed directly into the inside wall of my walkin closet. (Sorry, but that's the best solution I could think of to keep my necklaces separated.) I have the cup hooks, a hanging kit, and some tiny hooks I ordered thinking they would be larger. I could follow your directions except for the braces on the back. Lots more people need to see your creation. Best wishes.
  • Vic14721601

I love this idea! Would this be safe to take on a showing if you were displaying jewelry? The paint sticks take away a bit of weight but how heavy would it be to carry around? To set on a table for display I would need to set it on a table so I thought of how a picture frame sits but what would I use that wouldn't be heavy but hold the display up? I will be anxious to hear your reply:)