Looking for creative use for these

I have about 20 of these I have been saving for years just waiting for a creative use for them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
q looking for creative use for these, crafts, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
  16 answers
  • Barbara Barbara on Mar 05, 2015
    not sure what it is.
  • Elaine Simmons Elaine Simmons on Mar 05, 2015
    Barb, they are corner pieces for trim. I used these when I framed the mirror in my bathroom. I can't think of another use for them now.
  • Cathy L. Cathy L. on Mar 05, 2015
    You could make little keepsake boxes! Google vintage antique sewing machine drawers for ideas! Good luck!
  • Carole Carole on Mar 05, 2015
    If they are the right size, could they be used to fix up the drawer fronts on a treadle sewing machine where the drawer fronts are damaged. See photo so you get what I mean. I am not sure if they would be big enough?? Or you could stain or paint them in different colours and make a collage of them to frame and hang on the wall? Sorry the photo would not turn round.
  • K K on Mar 05, 2015
    Group together & glue with heavy duty wood glue to a piece of plywood cut a bit larger around the sides- then add trim & a piece of cut glass (super cheap at those glass places) Add legs from Home Depot or an old table for a wonderful side table!
  • Charles Myers Charles Myers on Mar 05, 2015
    The purpose is to eliminate 45 degree cuts for door and window molding. They could be used to make picture frames or shadow boxes. Place them on the corners and connect the rest of the perimeter with ninety degree cut molding.
  • Victoria Victoria on Mar 05, 2015
    When I had my store I used to make them into clocks, using a kit, and standing them in a small easel or plate holder. Whatever you do I'm sure will be nice. Good luck.
  • Christie Napier Christie Napier on Mar 05, 2015
    I saw the other day (i believe on here) a candle holder that used this as the "bracket" so to speak that attached to a wooden board painted farmy/shabby type & this was also painted & distressed & they used a old jello mold w/a tea light in it - I hv a pc of white washed barn wood w/a deco pc of wood that my old silver punch ladel leans on & is attached to board & i have a 3" pillar candle i burn in it-hangs on wall
  • Carolann Leibenguth Carolann Leibenguth on Mar 05, 2015
    Well hello stranger haha I love this site too. I can't wait to see what you create :)
  • V Valencia V Valencia on Mar 05, 2015
    You could paint/distress and add interesting cabinet handles to the squares. Then mount 3 or more together to make a cute little hooks for keys, etc.
  • Maggie Maggie on Mar 05, 2015
    glue to wall in kitchen for a one of a kind back splash
  • Yvonne Day Aka Miss Ruby Yvonne Day Aka Miss Ruby on Mar 05, 2015
    Depending on if you want some creative art work, you can get all different kinds of scrapbook paper all cut to a size that you would like ( all square) placing on something that you could hang up on, then place those pieces in the middle to pull the look together. It wont use all of them but having 12-16 of them in a collage area is awesome! You could paint them all different colors that go in your house and coordinate with the pretty paper. Make sure you let us know and take pictures!
  • Gretchen Mercer Gretchen Mercer on Mar 05, 2015
    I love architectural pieces. If I had them I would use one or more in every single room of my house...not in the same way or the same color...just kind of a little something that kind of puts your stamp on each room. On a door to add depth and character...at the top corners of a window...two or three exactly alike hanging on a wall with hooks for bags or coats or even jewelry. or any of the suggestions at the top... However you use them, I hope you have fun and post pictures!
  • Barbara Cornwell Watts Barbara Cornwell Watts on Mar 05, 2015
    thank you for all of the creative suggestions. You have given me some great ideas. I will be sure to post some pictures when I am done.
  • Swan Road Designs Swan Road Designs on Mar 05, 2015
    The pieces you have are called architectural "rosettes" and were/are most often used at the upper corners of door and window frames. As for a use them, you might consider using them to "face" some cube-shaped planters and display either real or silk plants. Or, similarly, turn them into keepsake box.
  • Aileen Aileen on Apr 02, 2015
    I also love architectural elements! You could use different colours of chalk paint or milk paint to paint and distress them and then group them together in a square or rectangular shape (you could even vary the "heights" for interest) and make a great art piece for the wall.