Dirty Paint Shelf to Cute Coffee Cart

I remember coming very close to passing up this beat up black cart on wheels because of it's hefty price tag of $8. Yes, that is way more than I usually pay for a piece of furniture! For some reason, it found it's way in my truck....
It sat out in my barn, right inside the door, and quickly became a "catch all". You know, like that spot on the kitchen counter where everything gets dumped when you walk in the door.
One day, I decided it was time to be a grown up and drink coffee. But I had nowhere to keep the coffee pot. I needed a coffee station! This black cart was just the thing.
Using some old paint stripper I pulled out of a "free box" at a garage sale, I stripped the top and the drawer face. I sanded and varnished, but left it pretty rustic looking.
The rest got white paint because paint stripping is too tedious for an impatient person like me AND I like the two-tone look.
We have since moved and I have a built in "beverage station" so the cart now holds plates and cups so the kids can easily reach the necessary stuff to set the table. They also love to wheel it over to the dishwasher to easily unload!
For more photos and details visit:

Kammy's Korner

• Bob638946

Love the contrast! Beautiful!

• Ruth Nederlk

Wonderful piece you did. Love anything on wheels. So much easier to move . Wish I could do things like that again!