Turn Roadside Rescue Chairs Into Mod Stools

I’m in the process of creating a fun picnic area in my backyard, and I’m making everything myself using salvaged items. I found two heavily damaged chairs that were headed to the dumpster, so I dragged them home and got to work turning them into stools.
DecoArt’s Chalky Finish Paint helped me achieve the look I wanted, and even worked perfectly for stenciling. Lucky for me, the paint is very low odor, so I was able to do all my painting indoors during this cold, wet winter.
Step one: Remove the backs from the chairs. Most of the spindles on the back of this chair were missing, so it was fairly easy to do. Fill any holes with wood fill and sand.
Click through for the full tutorial! Since this will be heading outside in the spring, I’ll seal the paint to protect the finish. I absolutely love the chalky finish, and it gives the stools an aged vibe that match with the distressed table. As soon as I find a few more chairs I’ll be doing some more painting with DecoArt’s Chalky Finish Paint!
Like my door table? Learn more here: http://www.hometalk.com/1963180/how-to-repurpose-a-glass-door-into-a-colorful-table

Morena Hockley

• Mollee Kauzlarich

Just found a chair like these in the dumpster. I had an idea of making a stool as the back was missing slats, now I know how to do it! Thanks for sharing.

• Joanie

I'm lovin' the door table and chair stools........Clever and Cool and artsy lookin'........Enjoy!