How to Strip Painted or Stained Wood Furniture (DIY Video Tutorial)

I've been finding a lot of awesome piece lately in terrible condition (worn and scratched finishes) and I've also been stripping and refinishing more wood on furniture pieces as well. To show you how to strip painted or stained wood furniture I put together a video to help show the process and some tips I find helpful in the process of removing painted or stained finishes. There is a step-by-step written tutorial on the blog as well for anyone who find that easier to understand.
I'm documenting the whole process of refinishing this AOM Bamboo Dresser. Sanding off the old finish wasn't a great option, so I stripped it. It will be primed and painted but in order to achieve a smooth painted finish later the old finish needed to be removed.
I did not strip the drawers, I only hand sanded them since the finish was in better condition then the frame of the piece. I also left the legs and used a hand held electric sanded to sand off the old finish.
For a list of products and supplies follow the link at the end of this post to my blog. All supplies and tools are also shown in the video.

The Weathered Door

• Shirley Kalinosky

Is any special equipment required for breathing or being outside ok for the fumes? How about being in an open garage?

• Pat C

Great tutorial. Love the plastic wrap tip.