How to Build Raised Beds

If you are thinking about starting a vegetable garden, now is the time to plan. I highly recommend that you build raised beds. You can grow more vegetables in a smaller area and control weeds and soil conditions
Constructing a raised bed
Constructing a raised bed
Lettuce growing in a raised bed
Lettuce growing in a raised bed
Raised bed planted with a variety of lettuces
Leo@Cottage at the Crossroads

• Sandra Cook

What purpose do the corner posts serve? I'm trying to figure out what all types of wood I can use to construct my beds. I have a variety of scrap including plywood. Need to make some raised beds but need to keep it to what I have on hand.

• Kay251333

@Sandra Cook I did not post this but I would say it is to enclose it later if needed with a hardware cloth to keep out deer, rabbits, or other critters. it would be very easy to staple the wire too and very sturdy

• Angelia Johnson

I used concrete mixing tubs they come in 2 sizes and are much cheaper and durable than what was available. They are back near the concrete.