Easter Centerpiece With Reused Objects

I'm usually not one to go out of my way to decorate for holidays, but when I can create a little centerpiece for $2.00, by reusing old materials, I'm all about it! This Easter centerpiece is made with old Melissa and Doug crates, an egg carton, and egg shells!
easter centerpiece with reused objects, crafts, easter decorations, repurposing upcycling
These crates came with a Melissa and Doug food set, and they've just been sitting around. There wasn't a chance I was going to throw them away, even though I wasn't quite sure what I was going to use them for when I saved them. That doesn't signal a hoarding problem, does it?
I stained them with gray, and then dry brushed some watered down white paint.
I cut an egg carton in half, and then gave each half a coat of spray paint. I wanted to grow my own seeds in the egg shells, but then I figured they would never be ready before Easter, so I bought some wheat grass at the grocery store for $2.00.
The half egg cartons fit perfectly in the crates.
I have another idea of how I might use these this Easter season and tricks for breaking only the top off of eggs - head on over to the blog to read more!

Jenny @ Refresh Living