Janet M
Janet M
  • Dearborn Heights, MI
Asked on Jan 4, 2013

Water coming from under my furnace and some under the moto of funace;

Janet M3po3Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
+6

Please help me and help me to find the right people or company to fix it before my furnace breaks please.
Thanks Janet McMillan
  • 3po3

What kind of furnace do you have? And can you post a photo of the situation?

• Janet M

it is a Bryant and had a new motor put in in February and another one yesterday and the guy said a pipe to go outside needed to be cut and a dip put in it so the water could come through slower. But had this furnace installed as a whole complete unit in 1996 and never a water problem before. I have no clue on this and am leary of tusting people as there tencd to rip off women alone. Should I call him back? how much would this cost do you think?

• 3po3

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in your area, but I would suggest getting a couple of opinions. Without knowing a lot more details, I think it would be hard to anyone on Hometalk to know how to help you (but there are also folks on here who know a lot more than I do, so I could be wrong). Anyhow, I would call a couple of other contractors just to get some quotes and opinions. That should help you figure out who is trying to rip you off. And if you really think contractors will rip you off because you are a woman, invite a guy friend over to hang out while the contractor is there. If nothing else, you will have a second person to offer opinions on the contractors, and possibly ask them questions.

• Janet, Can you tell me a bit more about this furnace? Does it have a plastic chimney going to the outside perhaps through a wall? I am sure I can answer your question but I need to know a bit more about it. What motor was replaced, the one that blows air into the house? Or was it the one that is part of the chimney exhaust? If your really in a panic, feel free to contact me through my profile page and I can assist you on what to do over the phone. Bob

• Janet M

it is fixed now. thank you everyone

• 3po3

What was the problem? I guess more importantly, what was the solution?

• Janet M

They put the pipe on an angle sp the water would move b\better

• 3po3

Sounds smart. Glad the problem was solved for you.

• Janet M

Thank you everyone.