Ceiling Popcorn Removal, Ceiling Repair, & Knock Down Finish Install

Atlas HD Films in collaboration w/ Atlas Coatings & Construction bring to you "Popcorn Redoux". We follow Atlas Coatings & Construction on a "popcorn ceiling removal & knockdown texture install" at a residential location in Olathe, KS.
Check them out at their website:
http://atlascoatingsandconstruction.com
Stay tuned to all our updates and official start date to the season! Check out our website at http://atlashdfilms.com

• Jeanne Creel

I assume they were scraping. But what then?

• Sandra Whittier

@ JoAnne-- If you are going to paint your walls you can strip your ceiling first. I began by using my shop vacuum with a vacuum head that was flat, straight and for floors and though it doesn't rip off all of the popcorn(only the big pieces) it brings it down to what is used in ceilings now days. I repeat I did NOT use water. I do not like to see the ceiling unfinished with the seams of the plaster board showing through. My son's new house was just built and finished and my ceiling is very comparable. Then my husband went to Lowes and bought the "ceiling striper". Looks like a handle type dust pan with the back end out of it. I would put it on my vacuum! The dust is unholy! Cover everything and take out the furniture, if you have carpeting use cardboard to keep the dust out and use a dust mask, and if you are not painting, he is correct about the plastic on the walls. I have not cobwebs on my ceiling anymore and added primer to my ceiling paint to match the shades in the room. Hard work, but try to sell it without doing it. @ Jeanne Creel I painted after I scraped.