Janel Hutton
Janel Hutton
  • Stillwater, MN

DIY paint-dipped wooden coat hooks

These coat hooks are simple enough. Made from extra wide dowels and double sided screws...they are an easy DIY for anyone! The ends were dipped in paint to add a bit of charm.
diy paint dipped wooden coat hooks, crafts, painting
Janel Hutton

• Jeff C

Just a thought, what is the weight limit on these hooks? for example, I'm wondering if a heavy winter coat would bend the dowel downwards or if the screw and length of the hook would be strong enough to hold onto the coat, no problems. I'm also guessing you screwed these onto studs within the wall?

• Janel Hutton

@Jeff C You are absolutely right. These were put into studs. A few places they are up high in unusable spots...with anchors. They aren't sturdy enough for heavy weight. And, when you drill them into the dowels you have to be sure to get the drill size correct so that the screws grip the wood. But, when done correctly (I mention the drill size importance in my tutorial) they are absolutely sturdy.