Denim & Drop Cloth Wreath

Hello friends!! Wanted to pop in for a moment to share a wreath made from materials you may have on hand. An old pair of jeans, a canvas drop cloth, mini doilies, twine, floral wire, hot glue, scissors, a wire wreath frame, and pearl beads. This took a wee bit of time to create but was totally worth it! ;)
The canvas flowers were made by gathering two strips of canvas around the middle portion of the wire wreath frame and tying off with a piece of twine. I then hot glued the edges together and fanned out, embellishing with a doily and a pearl bead in the center. The leaves were made by sandwiching a piece of floral wire between two pieces of denim and trimming the edges with twine. I ended up making 50 of these to fill in the gaps between the flowers and secured them by twisting the wire around the wire frame.
Like most of these "oooh, I think I'm going to try this out" projects I embark on, this one took a hot minute to complete. Or a hot hour. Or maybe 5 hot hours. ;) But it was super fun and I really loved the result. It's soothing to look at and if it doesn't end up selling, thinking it makes a nice addition to our barn door coat rack! :)
Thanks so much for taking a peek! For more photos, please visit my original blog post at the link below.

Stefanie

• Tammi

I love this,,Did you hot glue the twine onto the leaves? Or tacky glue? Hot glue makes a mess with details for me. :/ does anyone come back and answer? Just wondering.

• Stefanie

Hi Tammi! I did use hot glue to attach the twine to the leaves and you are right...it can be a bit of a clean up with the strings of glue! If you give it a try with the tacky glue, I'd love to hear your results! :)

• Valerie

What technique did you use to attach the twine to the leaves?

• Judy

How did you put it together

• Sirkku

Really pretty, great project, thanks for sharing

• Anita

Knew I'd find something to do with my old pair of jeans. Your wreath is really cute and I want to try making one.