Create Your Own Paper Flower Wall Art for Under $5.

You know those wonderful tissue paper flowers that are used for parties and all kinds of celebrations? Well, I love them, too, and wondered if I could make them more permanently part of my decor.
The first thing was to make a tissue paper flower that would go with my decor so I chose a yellow and creamy colored tissue. I bought LOTS of colored, pretty tissue papers. I could probably make a hundred flowers. :)
Here is the blue tissue for the blue flower for my Mom's bedroom.
Fold it up like an accordian. Mine was about 11inches by 25 inches.
I used a chenille stem - pipe cleaner to twist around the middle of the tissue paper.
Then you pull each layer of tissue paper gently. As you keep pulling each layer of tissue paper it turns into a flower.
Then I made a solid blue tissue flower. I covered an art canvas and covered it with some pretty fabric and glued the tissue paper flower on it. Voila! A wonderful new home decor art picture to hang on the wall.
How it looks on the wall above the bed.
Come over and see what else I made with these flowers. Thanks for viewing everyone.
Did you ever make these tissue paper flowers? Cool, aren't they?
http://www.craftsalamode.com/2015/03/how-to-create-your-own-paper-flower.html

Linda B

• Beverly Campbell

Hi Linda. Thanks for a great idea. I think I remember making these as a kid. My only question is, I thought you said you cut the edges so they are wavy. Did you use those fancy edge cutting scissors? I have several but wasn't sure if they would go through the thickness. I want to make some in silver for the Christmas tree and maybe sprinkle some glitter with a spray glue. What a fabulous idea and thanks in advance. I will try and take some pictures when I get them done. Am pinning your directions. Beverly

• Linda Sikut

If you look at the third picture down from the top, it looks like she just trimmed the sharp edges off of the tissue paper by rounding them a bit.

• Linda Sikut

Beautiful! Beautiful! Just what I need when I do a mini-make over in my office to make it a bit more feminine! Pinned!
  • Peggy Flora

I will try this for Christmas gifts, I'll buy big boxes for small items just so I can use these. A couple may go on the wall above my bed. Thanks for sharing, beautiful.