Shari
Shari
  • Yorktown, VA
Asked on Jan 5, 2013

Where can I find ideas for redoing a piece?

ShariMiriam ITeri Uliasz Boyungs
+5

Hi all,
Brand new here to the community & loving it! My question is this -- I'm brand new to the whole DIY furniture redo process. I have several pieces I'd like to update (okay, a LOT of pieces!), but no idea where to start. Is there somewhere here to post a photo that I can then ask for ideas about how you'd do it if you could get your hands on it?
Thanks so much & can't wait to read more!
  • KMS Woodworks

You can post photos right here...use the blue "add photos" link below the text box. lots of people have shared their projects here...from complete sand and refinish natural wood, to chalk paint and decapouge. bring it on...

• Shari

HA -- okay, you asked for it! :-D I will do just that, and thanks for the reply!

• Welcome Shari, As KMS said, you simply start a new post, and add photos on the bottom and then click the comment button. Be sure to convey what look your going for so everyone understands exactly what is is your trying to achieve.

• Miriam I

Welcome, Shari! I have a board of some of the best painted furniture projects I've seen here that you might like: http://www.hometalk.com/b/150595/painted-furniture

• Teri Uliasz Boyungs

Welcome Shari. Can't wait to see your posts.

• Shari

Thanks, y'all, for the welcome! MIriam, your pieces are beautiful, but believe me, waaaay beyond my skill level. :-D

• Miriam I

Oh @Shari - mine too, trust me! I just save them :) I didn't make any of them.

• Shari

Well, phew! I'm relieved. Was starting to think I was waaaaay in over my head haha.