Guest Room/ Nursery

Right before our baby was born, we added a new bedroom over the garage. Until she gets to be a little older (and cares!) this room is a guest room with her crib in it. Because we'd spent so much on the addition itself, I was limited in my budget (aren't we always?!) so this entire room is all Craigslist and flea market and clearance and DIY. My favorite kind of decor!!

These quilts at Homegoods were the spring board for this navy room peppered with pattern and turquoise and texture.

Can you believe this is where it all started?

The beds were found on Craigslist, the wool blankets came from the flea market along with all the artwork. And I sewed the simple curtains using some leftover navy panels and some scrap kelly green fabric.

I could put a vintage pull down map in every room of our house... I'm also in love with this circus print from the flea market also.

The baby's crib sits in front of the windows sunny front windows.

These killer x leg benches were flea market victory... this is how I found them. They needed NO fixing up. I almost tackled the poor vendor.

The bedside table was a chicken coop that I cleaned up, screwed some legs on and had some glass cut to fit on top. These window sills are fairly low, so this is the perfect height.

I found an old dresser on Craigslist that I painted, topped with fabric and use as a changing table.

I cleaned this fun elephant planter up with a coat of spray paint.

This lovely pendant was a wedding gift and hung in the front hall of our first apartment together!

I love the reflection of the map in the lovely carved mirror I had in storage from Homegoods.

This pillow was actually sewn from an Ikea runner and some colorful ball fringe... you'll also notice I picked up this amazing duvet cover that felt a little more toned down than the summer quilts.

Isn't the room so welcoming with the sun pouring in the windows?!

Update: I couldn't pass up this oversized fringe carpet at TJMaxx... the previous rug was a thin inexpensive cotton, and this neutral texture is much cozier in there. Always changing...

Here's an updated shot of the room as it looks today. And click here to see our NEW HOME TOUR... just about everything here is in our third floor bedroom in the new house!

Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
At Charlotte's House

• Patti
    Patti

Looks Great! Is The Elephant's Trunk Flea Market your Flea market of choice?

• Mim
    Mim

This room is well thought out, clever mix of patterns and textures. Absolutely inviting. Congratulations. Love your creative eye and energy.

• Willette Buckelew Bagwell
    Willette Buckelew Bagwell

It's a perfect idea to use this room like this. I like knowing there's an extra bed. A few times when mine were babies, I wished I had room for a bed just so I could sleep in the room with them during an illness.

Beautiful job. Thanks for sharing.