Roach traps safe around a small dog?

+7
I have neighbors above me and below. They moved in with a major roach infestation. The landlord has it sprayed a lot. I get strays and I don't want to use sprays as I have allergies. I saw a roach trap but can't find it now. Help!
  • April E April E on Mar 09, 2015
    Combat gel is you best bet with a dog unless you can put the trap in places he can't get to that will still attract the roaches
  • Kimberly Saxton Scruggs Kimberly Saxton Scruggs on Mar 09, 2015
    Bay leaves in cupboards are supposed to repel roaches. Also, Google 'natural' or 'safe' ways to get rid of cock roaches.
    • Phyllis W Phyllis W on Mar 09, 2015
      @Kimberly Saxton Scruggs Thank you. I'll put some there just to keep them away. They are coming from the neighbors so windows, doors and baseboards.
  • Brenda Brenda on Mar 09, 2015
    Many years ago we bought a house that was infested with roaches. After 'bombing it' with a bug bomb, we still had a continual supply of roaches. My exterminator brother inlaw told me to set out lids filled with half boric acid and half sugar ratio under the cabinets and keep all food in containers. I did and it worked. Not like overnight but eventually I got rid of them. On Pentrest I have seen posts that say to use Borax soap and sugar of equal amounts, using lids, small containers or sprinkle the mix in the back of cabinets, under the stove, and other places you can think of to do this. It's supposed to be pretty safe. But, don't let the dogs eat it or sniff it in large quantities. I just keep it away from them. Best bait trap I've seen and for ants too. You may have to redo this every 3-4 months though. Good luck. Ps we woke up to ants coming out of our kitchen electric sockets one day! I made a thin line all the way around along the back of the counter and it took care of the problem.
    • Phyllis W Phyllis W on Mar 09, 2015
      @Brenda Thanks Brenda, that was a lot of interesting information. I will try the boric acid and sugar mix. I just have to test it to make sure my dog won't get into it. I knew I had seen something pinned before but couldn't locate it.
  • Sandy Eck Sandy Eck on Mar 09, 2015
    Pinterest, has some good ideas. I wouldnt leave anything poison out, dogs can get to anything they set their minds to. Its poison so it will/can kill your pup. go as natural as you can. And complain to your landlord. Or move if you can
    • Phyllis W Phyllis W on Mar 09, 2015
      @Sandy Eck Thank you. That was my concern. Looking for natural methods. I have complained that is why we are getting bombarded with a weekly spraying. I have to wrap everything in plastic when they spay. I have a lot of medical equipment.
  • Sandy Eck Sandy Eck on Mar 10, 2015
    Hopefully they get a handle on the situation. With your health do you leave for a while with your dog when they are done? Ive been trying to do everything more natural and pure instead of chemicals. Because I also have health issues, and cant breathe around them.
  • Phyllis W Phyllis W on Mar 10, 2015
    Yes Sandy, they tell me in advance.