DIY Crafts: Easy Upcycle Glass Jars Nautical Candle Holders

$3

An easy and low-cost diy project to upcycle glass jars and make beautiful nautical candle holders for your balcony and garden.
Before two weeks we celebrated Clean Monday here in Greece. And, despite our desire and enthusiasm to fly a kite, this had proved impossible. The weather didn't help us at all. It had neither wind nor even a breeze. We were just running with the twine and the kite in our hands, making circles in the meadow, hoping that a small blow of wind would come to lift up our kite. Instead of the wind, the first rain drops came and we had to go back home!!! But the good thing from this short story of kite fly is that a hank of twine cord had left unused for many new DIY crafts.
The first thing I thought was to upcycle some glass jars and make candle holders for our balcony. I used materials that surely can be found in every home and the procedure was so easy, quick and flexible. It will take you only a few minutes to make these pretty coastal candle holders and you can use many different materials and colors in order to match them with your home decoration.
steps
Put the end of the twine on the jar and hot glue it.
Wrap the twine around the jar tightly.
When you cover the area you want, cut the twine and hot glue the edge of it on the rest twine to keep it stable and not stick out.
I used soft decorative wire to make the handle, but you can do a braid with twine instead of wire, or you can leave it as it is.
Hot glue the handle in the sides of the jar and above these points hot glue seashells, or any other decorative item you want in order to cover the glue.
And, the upcycling jar as a lovely coastal candle holder is ready!
Instead of glass jars, you can use tin cans or whatever container you have available. You can paint it, or spray it with colors like white, blue, aqua, etc., and have a pretty nautical style vase.

• Glass jar
  • Twine
  • Hot glue

Joanna _ ARTbyJWP

• Bobbi Convery

I like these! Thanks for sharing.
  • Colleen

My niece just moved to a new home.And she is decorating with a beach theme.I made these for a housewarming gift.Thank you for sharing your idea.