ColorBlock Clipboards - Functional Wall Art

I created a really big memo board for my office. Since I'm a visual person, I decided to place several clipboards where I could clip up any current or upcoming work.
Of course I couldn't just place the clipboard up and be done with it, I had to make them look creative somehow and why not make them match my office?
I created 6 colorblock designs in 3 colors that blend with my office colors.
In hindsight, I probably would have went with 2 designs only, but I love them and love when art also becomes functional.
You can see my full project and office on my site, Today's Creative Blog.
I used 3 colors of the Valspar sample paint jars. All colors are listed on my blog. Visit the URL listed for details.
I would have loved to have found the clipboards with the big clip at the top. Had I been patient, I'm sure I could have.
Using painters tape, I started taping designs I thought would be fun. I painted 2 coats on each color.
This is how they look when I don't have anything on them. I love how they add visual interest to the large memo board. (yes, I made that too.)
This was a very easy craft!
For now I have an adorable calendar clipped. This calendar is available on Today's Creative Blog too. Free.

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Today's Creative Life- Kim Demmon

• Deux Corgis

Love this! Someplace in my house I am going to cute up some clip boards and display color copies of family photos on them. That way I can change them out. I have friends of over 20 years coming to visit and past visits and trips are going to be “clipped.” Bad news is I don’t have a free wall..fir me a “place to put these,” will be the hardest part! Love your paint choices too - I have just GOT to use this idea! Thanks!?- Bryn

• Bonnie Woolever

Looks great!!