A Custom Removable DIY Wood Block Headboard for Cheap!

$78

This awesome headboard is totally custom, totally DIY, removable and cost less than $80! No way? Yes way! You have got to see this!

Just finished our new wood block headboard and it's darn spiffy! You too can create one!

After planning and plenty of math, I started with a sheet of plywood cut to size at the store and two 4"x4" posts. I stained the posts whole first, then stained the plywood.

Next up: I cut tons of blocks. Made a huge mess. It was fun. I cut three sizes: 1/2", 3/4" and 1". Come read all about how I designed and built this over on my blog, Flipping the Flip at humboldtartdept.blogspot.com!

Ran into a little staining trouble but nothing a ton of sandpaper, time, electricity, and wood conditioner couldn't fix.

Some Liquid Nails to glue all the blocks on and....

....bingo! We have a new headboard!

I left a few blocks unglued so we could screw the headboard directly into the wall studs. Some dots of self-adhesive velcro and nobody will ever know! Easy to put up, easy to remove! A custom headboard, all for less than $80! Come read all the details about this project and many more on my blog, Flipping the Flip, by clicking the link below!

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Becky at Flipping the Flip