A Custom Removable DIY Wood Block Headboard for Cheap!

$78

This awesome headboard is totally custom, totally DIY, removable and cost less than $80! No way? Yes way! You have got to see this!
a custom removable diy wood block headboard for cheap, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, woodworking projects
Just finished our new wood block headboard and it's darn spiffy! You too can create one!
After planning and plenty of math, I started with a sheet of plywood cut to size at the store and two 4"x4" posts. I stained the posts whole first, then stained the plywood.
Next up: I cut tons of blocks. Made a huge mess. It was fun. I cut three sizes: 1/2", 3/4" and 1". Come read all about how I designed and built this over on my blog, Flipping the Flip at humboldtartdept.blogspot.com!
Ran into a little staining trouble but nothing a ton of sandpaper, time, electricity, and wood conditioner couldn't fix.
Some Liquid Nails to glue all the blocks on and....
....bingo! We have a new headboard!
I left a few blocks unglued so we could screw the headboard directly into the wall studs. Some dots of self-adhesive velcro and nobody will ever know! Easy to put up, easy to remove! A custom headboard, all for less than $80! Come read all the details about this project and many more on my blog, Flipping the Flip, by clicking the link below!
Becky at Flipping the Flip