Chic California
Chic California
  • Ridgefield, WA

DIY German Glass Glitter Easter Eggs

Do you have a ton of these plastic eggs around your house?
diy german glass glitter easter eggs easter, crafts, decoupage, easter decorations, how to, seasonal holiday decor
It seems I buy a new bag every year for Easter and I have accumulated way too many! But let me show you a way to add a little sparkle to these plastic eggs.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Plastic Easter Eggs
90 Grit German Glass Glitter from Meyer Imports
Mod Podge
Sponge Brush
I coated each side of my plastic egg with a thin layer of Mod Podge. I found it easier to do each side separately and let them dry before I put the egg back together. Next, I sprinkled the German Glass Glitter over each side being careful not to get any on the ridge that snaps the two sides of the egg together.
Once I snapped the eggs back together, I had to do a few touch ups around the center of the egg. But other than that, this was a really easy and quick Easter craft.
Chic California

• Mary

why can't you use regular glitter

• K_g12101194

90 grit glass glitter is like fine ( or superfine, depending on manufacturer ) regular glitter. Glass glitter is a completely different look from regular craft glitter tho. It's heavier and its reflective quality is different. I've done these eggs with both types of glitter. The glass glitter gives you a very good finished product that looks like $$$$. Sometimes the craft glitter looks like a home made project. If you're going for a rustic, home-made look, use craft glitter. There are tons of colors to choose from and it's readily available. Do use the fine glitter (Martha Stewart makes a really nice fine product). But if you want something that almost looks like your great granny had them and their an heirloom, the German glitter is really gorgeous and does come in colors. Have fun - either way, these are fun.

• Meem Kaplan

I love this! and I have no glitter but a huge supply of other things like tiny glass beads and tiny agates that I never thought to use this way. Love that you shared this!

• Hildegarde

I love this idea, you may even spray paint them afterwards in different colours. What a feast with glittered and coloured eggs. I bet old Faberge never thought of that!