DIY Before and After: White Chandelier With Crystals and Pearls

1 Day

The DIY chandelier is complete and I love the profound statement it makes in my home office.
diy before and after white chandelier with crystals and pearls, lighting, painting
I found a this brass chandelier at a Thrift store for $4.99. With white spray paint, crystals and pearls, I transformed this piece into stunning statement with a limited budget!
First, I gave this thrift store chandelier a good cleaning (it took about a roll of paper towel to shined this up quite nicely). Then I hauled this thing over to my garage to start the painting.
I taped the open end of the electrical wires and I stuffed newspaper in the light sockets to make sure the paint wouldn’t damage the connection. Then I went to town with some white spray paint.
I used glass crystals from an old chandelier. The only issue I had with the glass crystals was the brass colour of the connectors and hooks. I bought a white paint pen to correct the issue.
To attach the crystals and pearls to the light, I considered a number of things that included drilling, soldering and otherwise creating a mess. But in the end, I just used a little hot glue and white wire to adhere everything to the chandelier. It worked out perfectly
Check out more details on Pink Little Notebook's post!
Sabrina