DIY Before and After: White Chandelier With Crystals and Pearls

1 Day

The DIY chandelier is complete and I love the profound statement it makes in my home office.
I found a this brass chandelier at a Thrift store for $4.99. With white spray paint, crystals and pearls, I transformed this piece into stunning statement with a limited budget!
First, I gave this thrift store chandelier a good cleaning (it took about a roll of paper towel to shined this up quite nicely). Then I hauled this thing over to my garage to start the painting.
I taped the open end of the electrical wires and I stuffed newspaper in the light sockets to make sure the paint wouldn’t damage the connection. Then I went to town with some white spray paint.
I used glass crystals from an old chandelier. The only issue I had with the glass crystals was the brass colour of the connectors and hooks. I bought a white paint pen to correct the issue.
To attach the crystals and pearls to the light, I considered a number of things that included drilling, soldering and otherwise creating a mess. But in the end, I just used a little hot glue and white wire to adhere everything to the chandelier. It worked out perfectly
Check out more details on Pink Little Notebook's post!

30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Everything Red For Canada Day
Sabrina