Under Bed Drawers (IKEA Hack)

$0
1 Day

This week I decided to take care of the mess under my bed and transformed two large drawers of an old Ikea dresser to under bed drawers. I must say I'm pretty amazed at how tidy my bedroom now looks. I guess my visitors now think that I am living neat and organized. Oh, if they only knew how the inside of my new under bed drawers already looks!
Finished bed drawers
before image
First, I pulled out the two large drawers of my dresser and measured whether these would fit under my bed.
Unfortunately, the larger one of the two was too high, so I had to unpack my circular saw. First I sawed off about 2,4 inches from the top of the drawer...
... and then I glued this part of the bigger drawer on top of the second drawer. I did this to adjust the height of the smaller drawer so that both of them would look the same height. Then I unscrewed the handles on the drawers and painted both drawers white.
Now I only had to paint the handles light gray and screw them back on. At last I glued felt to the bottom of the drawers so that I can pull them out without scratching my floor and then I was finally able to fill my new my bed drawers! Yay! If you like to see more of my projects, just visit my blog and say hello ;-)

Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Ronja Lotte

• Jjqq
    Jjqq

At the end of your post, you say for more details about this project - check out your blog. I did - and it is exactly the same information - nothing more detailed - what other details were you referring to?

• Carmen
      Carmen

If you like to see more of my projects, just visit my blog and say hello ;-)

• Gina Settle-Nance
    Gina Settle-Nance

How do you “slide” the drawers out? It would get caught in the carpet and not come out smoothly

• Gail Dyslin
      Gail Dyslin

I thought of the sliding out part too. I do have wood floors and I think this is a wonderful idea.

• Marikay Patterson Harris
    Marikay Patterson Harris

Is there a top to keep the dust out?