Ronja Lotte
Ronja Lotte
  • Germany

Under Bed Drawers (IKEA Hack)

$0
1 Day

This week I decided to take care of the mess under my bed and transformed two large drawers of an old Ikea dresser to under bed drawers. I must say I'm pretty amazed at how tidy my bedroom now looks. I guess my visitors now think that I am living neat and organized. Oh, if they only knew how the inside of my new under bed drawers already looks!
under bed drawers, bedroom ideas, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
Finished bed drawers
before image
First, I pulled out the two large drawers of my dresser and measured whether these would fit under my bed.
Unfortunately, the larger one of the two was too high, so I had to unpack my circular saw. First I sawed off about 2,4 inches from the top of the drawer...
... and then I glued this part of the bigger drawer on top of the second drawer. I did this to adjust the height of the smaller drawer so that both of them would look the same height. Then I unscrewed the handles on the drawers and painted both drawers white.
Now I only had to paint the handles light gray and screw them back on. At last I glued felt to the bottom of the drawers so that I can pull them out without scratching my floor and then I was finally able to fill my new my bed drawers! Yay! If you like to see more of my projects, just visit my blog and say hello ;-)
Ronja Lotte

• Debi Thomas Risner

When you pull drawers in n out does it scratch your floors?
    • Tori G

They also have these Furniture sliders are made out of cork material but they're flat.you can glue to the bottom corners of your drawer and you could even cut one in four pieces for the four corners and it would be big enough

• Cbe28615041

do you know why the evel one was goin
  • Linda

Doesn't dust get into drawers.?

• Ann Cassler

My father made drawers like this from pine and masonite when we were little. He made wheels on a lathe so they would glide out on the carpet and he added handles to the front. He covered them with a piece of plastic shower curtain cut to overhang slightly, stapled or nailed to the back edge and pulled it forward over the drawer top. They were totally hidden behind the bed spread, skirt so they didn't have to be finished or painted. Easy for little hands to pull out and reach toys, then later shoes and off season clothes, etc. They lasted for years and years.

• Marci Covington

Great idea!