Under Bed Drawers (IKEA Hack)

$0
1 Day

This week I decided to take care of the mess under my bed and transformed two large drawers of an old Ikea dresser to under bed drawers. I must say I'm pretty amazed at how tidy my bedroom now looks. I guess my visitors now think that I am living neat and organized. Oh, if they only knew how the inside of my new under bed drawers already looks!
Finished bed drawers
before image
First, I pulled out the two large drawers of my dresser and measured whether these would fit under my bed.
Unfortunately, the larger one of the two was too high, so I had to unpack my circular saw. First I sawed off about 2,4 inches from the top of the drawer...
... and then I glued this part of the bigger drawer on top of the second drawer. I did this to adjust the height of the smaller drawer so that both of them would look the same height. Then I unscrewed the handles on the drawers and painted both drawers white.
Now I only had to paint the handles light gray and screw them back on. At last I glued felt to the bottom of the drawers so that I can pull them out without scratching my floor and then I was finally able to fill my new my bed drawers! Yay! If you like to see more of my projects, just visit my blog and say hello ;-)

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Ronja Lotte

• Jjqq

At the end of your post, you say for more details about this project - check out your blog. I did - and it is exactly the same information - nothing more detailed - what other details were you referring to?

• Shirley

She said if you would like to see more of her projects, visit her blog post.

• Gina Settle-Nance

How do you “slide” the drawers out? It would get caught in the carpet and not come out smoothly

• Gail Dyslin

I thought of the sliding out part too. I do have wood floors and I think this is a wonderful idea.

• Marikay Patterson Harris

Is there a top to keep the dust out?