Under Bed Drawers (IKEA Hack)

$0
1 Day

This week I decided to take care of the mess under my bed and transformed two large drawers of an old Ikea dresser to under bed drawers. I must say I'm pretty amazed at how tidy my bedroom now looks. I guess my visitors now think that I am living neat and organized. Oh, if they only knew how the inside of my new under bed drawers already looks!
Finished bed drawers
before image
First, I pulled out the two large drawers of my dresser and measured whether these would fit under my bed.
Unfortunately, the larger one of the two was too high, so I had to unpack my circular saw. First I sawed off about 2,4 inches from the top of the drawer...
... and then I glued this part of the bigger drawer on top of the second drawer. I did this to adjust the height of the smaller drawer so that both of them would look the same height. Then I unscrewed the handles on the drawers and painted both drawers white.
Now I only had to paint the handles light gray and screw them back on. At last I glued felt to the bottom of the drawers so that I can pull them out without scratching my floor and then I was finally able to fill my new my bed drawers! Yay! If you like to see more of my projects, just visit my blog and say hello ;-)

Ronja Lotte

• Jjqq

What did you do with the dresser that you took the drawers from?

• Jjqq

At the end of your post, you say for more details about this project - check out your blog. I did - and it is exactly the same information - nothing more detailed - what other details were you referring to?

• Gina Settle-Nance

How do you “slide” the drawers out? It would get caught in the carpet and not come out smoothly

• Patricia

I don't think she has carpet because she said she glued felt to the bottom of the drawers so she wouldn't scratch her floors.