Courtney Riddick
Courtney Riddick
  • Williamsport, OH
Asked on Jan 7, 2013

How to apply coffee grounds to a jar?

Brenda CottleJoanne CostelloCourtney Riddick
+2

Have large glass jars that I want to apply coffee grounds to with a pattern insert. I just don't know what I need or the proper procedure to apply them and harden the grounds onto the glass, please help
  • I would look into using a clear epoxy that can be brushed on so the grinds will stick to the glass and remain clear once dried. Or the pourable plastic urethane used to go over table tops. The only issue is anything clear that would embed the grinds and protect them would be thick and very runny. But I suppose if you get the glass sticky and attach them, followed by several thin coats between drying times it would work.

• KMS Woodworks

Photo spray adhesive applied via a stencil....then sprinkle on the grounds

• Courtney Riddick

Thank you going to try it this weekend, with success I will post

• Joanne Costello

Is there a reason for choosing coffee grounds? Smell? Look? Texture?

• Brenda Cottle

Apply any kind of glue on to the jar and then roll it in the coffee grounds, Make sure that it is covered well. You can thin the glue out a bit with water. Let it dry completely and then add a coat of just glue and let it dry really good.