Decoupage Bread Basket A La Dollar Tree

I don't bake breads often but when I do I'm always searching for something to put them in a breakfast and dinner time. I recently picked up some baskets and decorative paper napkins from the Dollar Tree and knew immediately what I would make. A decoupage bread basket!
It's really a simple and easy project. All you need is a basket, decorative napkins, white glue, water and sponge . . . all available from the Dollar Tree.
For a complete tutorial go to: http://plumperfectandme.blogspot.com/2015/03/decoupaged-bread-basket-la-dollar-tree.html
First, separate the white paper backing from the printed side of the napkin. Lay the napkin printed side up on the basket. Wet sponge with water and gently tap the napkin down, filling in all areas of the basket, one side at a time.
Allow to dry. Trim off any excess napkin paper. Once dry, mix one part white glue to 1/4 part water. Apply mixture using sponge over entire napkin and dry. You can seal the basket on the outside with glossy varnish, if you want, but I don't know of a sealant that's food safe.
This method of using water and a sponge to apply the napkin is quick and easy. And I found wrinkles to be at a minimum. Once dry, the glue and water mixture as a decoupage, using a sponge to apply, goes on smoothly, too.
Using this technique there are so many possibilities to decoupage lots of dollar store baskets and decorative napkins for everyday home usage and for special occasions, inexpensively.

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Cjpalmisano
    Cjpalmisano

Wow! Great way to use up all those easter baskets we've been keeping for years and years and can't bring ourselves to throw away!

• Catsmeow
    Catsmeow

What a great idea. I have a bunch of baskets & trays I've always wanted to display on a wall but they all look so plain. This will be a great way to dress them up. Thanks for the plan!