A Quick & Cheap Laundry Room Refresh

This laundry room was such a bore. It felt like a large ugly closet with no character, no personality or nothing that makes me want to spend my Saturday afternoon here. I’m sure many of you will agree that the laundry room is not the most appealing space in your home. However, all can change with a little TLC. See for yourself!

Colour is used to make the biggest transformation in this room. I used a bold yet claiming colour on the walls, Power of the Game, P5207-51D, PARA Paint. Although this is a small room, I still opted for a dark colour vs light colour. It’s a great trick to recede the walls (making them seem further away). Can you believe it? I used less than half a gallon of paint for two coats in this room. This paint goes on like butter!

Both the trim and drop ceiling received two coats of White Wash, P2089-00, PARA Paint and the amazing stripe that is host to all my additional hooks is Fanfare, P5159-34, PARA Paint.

Adding a few DIY touches gives the space a little character. The 2×4 wooden shelves are custom made (see tutorial here) to fit the length of the wall. Best part about these shelves is that it hides all the flaws that you don’t want to see.

Check out more details on Pink Little Notebook's post!

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Sabrina

• Buster Evans
    Buster Evans

You guys did a great job! what a difference!

• Leslie
    Leslie

GREAT makeover!!! Your choice of color, fabric and even the baskets you chose makes the room look larger and airier. Good job Sabrina :)