DIY Shutter Headboard

$160

I made this easy DIY Shutter Headboard with some fun shutters memo boards I found online! It was so so simple. :)
I love my new headboard! It's actually been up for about 6 months, and it's still looking good. :)
I found these shutter memo boards online from We R Memory Keepers. They come in a ton of different colors. I've also seen them at Hobby Lobby. So you could get them even cheaper with a 40% off coupon. At first I had one....I was going to hang it in my bathroom. Buuuut after looking at it & doing a little measuring I figured out that if I had 4 of them they would make the perfect headboard for our queen size bed! So I ordered 3 more! The first thing I did was remove the knobs & hangers on the back. I filled the holes left behind with some wood filler. Let it dry & then sanded the spots smooth. Then I gave one light coat of matte gray spray paint. Then I distressed them a little bit. Now it was time to hang these up! :)
You will need a nail gun, pencil, leveler & a stud finder to get these up on the wall. Using the stud finder & pencil we figured out & marked where the studs where in the wall.
Then we just used the nail gun & finishing nails to nail each shutter to the wall. Since these shutters are nice & very distressed already you can’t even tell where the nails have gone into the shutters. Even if you look really, really close! ;) Yay! I was a little worried about that before we go started! ha! ;)
I love how it turned out! Seriously that was a 20 minute project not counting the painting part. ;) You can’t beat that at all! :)
We've enjoyed our headboard for 6 months, and so far it's held up great. :)

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Ginger Bowie