DIY Shutter Headboard

$160

I made this easy DIY Shutter Headboard with some fun shutters memo boards I found online! It was so so simple. :)
I love my new headboard! It's actually been up for about 6 months, and it's still looking good. :)
I found these shutter memo boards online from We R Memory Keepers. They come in a ton of different colors. I've also seen them at Hobby Lobby. So you could get them even cheaper with a 40% off coupon. At first I had one....I was going to hang it in my bathroom. Buuuut after looking at it & doing a little measuring I figured out that if I had 4 of them they would make the perfect headboard for our queen size bed! So I ordered 3 more! The first thing I did was remove the knobs & hangers on the back. I filled the holes left behind with some wood filler. Let it dry & then sanded the spots smooth. Then I gave one light coat of matte gray spray paint. Then I distressed them a little bit. Now it was time to hang these up! :)
You will need a nail gun, pencil, leveler & a stud finder to get these up on the wall. Using the stud finder & pencil we figured out & marked where the studs where in the wall.
Then we just used the nail gun & finishing nails to nail each shutter to the wall. Since these shutters are nice & very distressed already you can’t even tell where the nails have gone into the shutters. Even if you look really, really close! ;) Yay! I was a little worried about that before we go started! ha! ;)
I love how it turned out! Seriously that was a 20 minute project not counting the painting part. ;) You can’t beat that at all! :)
We've enjoyed our headboard for 6 months, and so far it's held up great. :)

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Ginger Bowie