Old Filing Cabinet Makeover!

Wait until you see how we turned this old, date filing cabinet into a rustic chic piece of office furniture!
When beginning to decorate and organize the office, I knew one thing was for sure, we needed storage space! My husband said he wanted to put our filing cabinet up there. I looked at him like huh? No way! Our filing cabinet was old, beat up and hideous to say the least! Then it hit him, he threw at me a simple and FREE solution!
Pallets! If you know us, you know we are big wood fans! We love incorporating wood pieces throughout our home! And when it comes to pallets, we typically get them for free, so what could be better? Using liquid nails adhesive glue, he attached the cut pieces of wood to the cabinet and held them into place using large clamps. Continue for each side, letting each dry completely.
I grabbed two cup pulls we already had, roughed them up with a low grit sandpaper, painted them gold and sealed them with a satin finish. I really like the looks they add to the rustic pallets. While we were at it, we took 4 caster wheels we already had and attached them to the bottom for move-ability! In literally just a few steps and NO COST to us, we had ourselves a fun, rustic chic piece of furniture! So, what do you think?

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Everything Red For Canada Day
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Farmhouse Chic Blog

• Lisa Adler

I Love it!!! I've been looking for a way to make our file cabinet a bit (ok, a lot) less ugly....this is great!!

• Angela Rancourt Tuttle

I absolutely love this idea, just found an old cabinet and going to do the same thing. Thank you sharing.