Mason Jar Bird Feeders ~

The perfect storm! A box full of old pot lids a bunch of mason jars & a buy one get one free sale on poultry bases at the local farm store…I may have got just a little carried away making bird feeders :)
Gathered my supplies...
Screwed the jars on to the poultry feeder bases ~ the red are plastic the metal are galvanized I did end up painting a few of these no real reason I just wanted to mix things up :)
I attached the lids using E6000 glue while this works great it smells awful! Make sure to only use in a well ventilated area!
Drilled holes in the bases to aid with drainage ~
Filled and ready for visitors! The small one has a water base attached I’m hoping the little birds will drink from it…
Cheap metal shower curtain hook/rings are awesome for hanging the feeders (work great for hanging plants & solar lights as well) I bought a package of a dozen at the dollar store for you guessed it $1!
Like I said I got a little carried away making these…

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/dianasdiyden

• Marykay
    Marykay

Will the attached lid help deter squirrels?

• Denise
      Denise

Probably not. Squirrels will always find a way. However, I would just put out a squirrel feeder with peanuts and feeder corn and the squirrels usually prefer those.

• Marie
    Marie

ware to order the bottoms

• Sue
      Sue

Rural King, Tractor Supply, local or online hatcheries, local or online farm supply stores.

• Rob
    Rob

what a fantastic idea! Bird feeders are expensive. I’m sure I missed it but if you glue the pot lid, how do you fill the mason jar?

• Leslie
    Leslie

Great idea!!! Thank you for sharing. I was thinking if you have scrap plywood you can cut circles out for the pot lid and make them a little wider to help deter the squirrels. Add an inexpensive or used door pull for the top handle. If you have all weather colorful rope you can attach that to the handle to hang with also. Paint the wooden lid and protect with spar polyurethane.

• Linda
      Linda

That sounds like a great idea to use plywood. I will try that. I have the mason jars and the feeders I got at a feed store. Wish me luck!!

• Joanie
    Joanie

I pay a $ @ the $ Tree for a little hummer feeder. These are really nice. I hope you're gonna sell them......make yourself some $$'s or give as gifts over the year.