Mason Jar Bird Feeders ~

The perfect storm! A box full of old pot lids a bunch of mason jars & a buy one get one free sale on poultry bases at the local farm store…I may have got just a little carried away making bird feeders :)
Gathered my supplies...
Screwed the jars on to the poultry feeder bases ~ the red are plastic the metal are galvanized I did end up painting a few of these no real reason I just wanted to mix things up :)
I attached the lids using E6000 glue while this works great it smells awful! Make sure to only use in a well ventilated area!
Drilled holes in the bases to aid with drainage ~
Filled and ready for visitors! The small one has a water base attached I’m hoping the little birds will drink from it…
Cheap metal shower curtain hook/rings are awesome for hanging the feeders (work great for hanging plants & solar lights as well) I bought a package of a dozen at the dollar store for you guessed it $1!
Like I said I got a little carried away making these…

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/dianasdiyden

• Lana Klatt

I bought one of these at a craft fair. Thought it was so cute until I came out and found a helpless little bird trapped inside the mason jar. The holes in the poultry feeders are too large.

• Cheryl Gyles

You may be able to attach some chicken wire, or even window screening to the underside of the holes to prevent this. If you use window screening just cut an "x" in it to access the seed.

• Denise Lyssy

yes I want to try this project. Great idea!

Question did you glue the lids to the jar base with hot glue or something stronger?

• Diana Wearing

Thank you! I used E6000 glue, you can get it at hardware stores, Wal Mart etc. it holds up well to extreme weather swings.