Diana Wearing
Diana Wearing
  • Oregon, WI

Mason Jar Bird Feeders ~

The perfect storm! A box full of old pot lids a bunch of mason jars & a buy one get one free sale on poultry bases at the local farm store…I may have got just a little carried away making bird feeders :)
mason jar bird feeder, how to, mason jars, outdoor living, pets animals, repurposing upcycling
Gathered my supplies...
Screwed the jars on to the poultry feeder bases ~ the red are plastic the metal are galvanized I did end up painting a few of these no real reason I just wanted to mix things up :)
I attached the lids using E6000 glue while this works great it smells awful! Make sure to only use in a well ventilated area!
Drilled holes in the bases to aid with drainage ~
Filled and ready for visitors! The small one has a water base attached I’m hoping the little birds will drink from it…
Cheap metal shower curtain hook/rings are awesome for hanging the feeders (work great for hanging plants & solar lights as well) I bought a package of a dozen at the dollar store for you guessed it $1!
Like I said I got a little carried away making these…

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/dianasdiyden

• Christine

Ok..that's amazing, but how do you fill the feedeers?

• Pat

I believe you would unscrew the jar from the base top or bottom.

• Judy

What size Mason jars will fit the poultry eeder base, regular or wide mouth?

• Annie
    6 hours ago

How did you make the post feeder? Here on the coast of BC it rains all the time. I live in a townhouse so I can't hang too much on the outside but the post in the ground would be great! I can put up the post but what about the feeder part. This is what I need to know how to make. :)

• Diana Wearing
      31 minutes ago

Hi Annie - We bought that feeder we didn't build it, that style is called a hopper feeder. You might be able to find directions on how to build one online - good luck!