Mason Jar Bird Feeders ~

The perfect storm! A box full of old pot lids a bunch of mason jars & a buy one get one free sale on poultry bases at the local farm store…I may have got just a little carried away making bird feeders :)
Gathered my supplies...
Screwed the jars on to the poultry feeder bases ~ the red are plastic the metal are galvanized I did end up painting a few of these no real reason I just wanted to mix things up :)
I attached the lids using E6000 glue while this works great it smells awful! Make sure to only use in a well ventilated area!
Drilled holes in the bases to aid with drainage ~
Filled and ready for visitors! The small one has a water base attached I’m hoping the little birds will drink from it…
Cheap metal shower curtain hook/rings are awesome for hanging the feeders (work great for hanging plants & solar lights as well) I bought a package of a dozen at the dollar store for you guessed it $1!
Like I said I got a little carried away making these…

Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/dianasdiyden

• Marie
    Marie

ware to order the bottoms

• Sue
      Sue

Rural King, Tractor Supply, local or online hatcheries, local or online farm supply stores.

• Rob
    Rob

what a fantastic idea! Bird feeders are expensive. I’m sure I missed it but if you glue the pot lid, how do you fill the mason jar?

• Diane
    Diane

How do you fill them with seeds?