Mason Jar Bird Feeders ~

The perfect storm! A box full of old pot lids a bunch of mason jars & a buy one get one free sale on poultry bases at the local farm store…I may have got just a little carried away making bird feeders :)
Gathered my supplies...
Screwed the jars on to the poultry feeder bases ~ the red are plastic the metal are galvanized I did end up painting a few of these no real reason I just wanted to mix things up :)
I attached the lids using E6000 glue while this works great it smells awful! Make sure to only use in a well ventilated area!
Drilled holes in the bases to aid with drainage ~
Filled and ready for visitors! The small one has a water base attached I’m hoping the little birds will drink from it…
Cheap metal shower curtain hook/rings are awesome for hanging the feeders (work great for hanging plants & solar lights as well) I bought a package of a dozen at the dollar store for you guessed it $1!
Like I said I got a little carried away making these…

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/dianasdiyden

• Marykay

Will the attached lid help deter squirrels?

• Denise

Probably not. Squirrels will always find a way. However, I would just put out a squirrel feeder with peanuts and feeder corn and the squirrels usually prefer those.

• Marie

ware to order the bottoms

• Sue

Rural King, Tractor Supply, local or online hatcheries, local or online farm supply stores.

• Rob

what a fantastic idea! Bird feeders are expensive. I’m sure I missed it but if you glue the pot lid, how do you fill the mason jar?

• Rob

Thank you! Of course that’s what you do! I feel so silly now. Haha

• Leslie

Great idea!!! Thank you for sharing. I was thinking if you have scrap plywood you can cut circles out for the pot lid and make them a little wider to help deter the squirrels. Add an inexpensive or used door pull for the top handle. If you have all weather colorful rope you can attach that to the handle to hang with also. Paint the wooden lid and protect with spar polyurethane.

• Linda

That sounds like a great idea to use plywood. I will try that. I have the mason jars and the feeders I got at a feed store. Wish me luck!!

• Joanie

I pay a $ @ the $ Tree for a little hummer feeder. These are really nice. I hope you're gonna sell them......make yourself some $$'s or give as gifts over the year.