Matthew Weber
Matthew Weber
  • Birmingham, AL

Natural Stone Landscape Edging

In an effort to shape up the curb appeal of one of our project houses, we decided to line a small rock garden with natural stone edging to match the flagstone walls of the home. The old garden border was a combination of black plastic landscaping border and the most unconvincing faux "brick" I'd ever seen. And, most of the plastic brick had long ago disappeared, leaving only a sad little fragment sticking
natural stone landscape edging, concrete masonry, landscape

• Matthew Weber

Douglas - You're right about the wet saw, which is basically overkill (but gave me a chance to test the new saw). You can do it without the saw but you'll have to spend more time hunting stones that are nearly "just the right size" if you don't have the tools to cut them, and you'll need to do some careful digging for the stones to set them securely in the border. You may be able to make cuts with a hammer and cold chisel, like cutting brick, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for a very straight cut that way.

• Judith F

Great looking!