Habitat for Humanity ReStore Chandelier SCORE!

We have been searching for a large show-stopping chandelier for our stairway for 2 years now. As many of you know, I buy things only if they are a bargain, and basically refuse to pay any more than 25% of retail. Our entire house remodel has been done this way, and we have saved thousands over the past 5 years. My latest find is this 30" globe flower chandelier. We found it at Habitat for $500 a couple of weeks ago (it retails for $1500-$2000), but still didn't think that was discounted enough, even though it was a new lighting store display donation. On a chance "drop in" to the store on Monday, I walked in to find that they had all of their lighting on sale for 50% off, and made a beeline to the lighting section. SCORE! $250 for this beauty!! I couldn't fit it in my car, so it's awaiting pickup on Friday, and can't wait to get it installed. If you have a Habitat for Humanity ReStore in your area, and haven't checked it out, I advise you do so. It's definitely a "hit or miss" visit, but we drop in at least once a week and have found some amazing bargains. It's also a great place to rid yourself of excess building materials, old fixtures/cabinets, etc., as you remove them. Recycle, get a tax deduction, and help a great cause at the same time!

• Leslie D

I should mention that we had another "T" bar support for the end of the platform to make sure that no one stepped near the end to topple it. By the time we built the thing, paid the 2 guys and spent 3 hours screwing in individual "stems" and then screwing the "flowers" on the end of each stem, I should have just paid the $600.

• Leslie D

Your client may be able to rent the scaffolding herself, but it will have to be special "stair" scaffolding. I imagine the contractor just wanted to rent a man lift (scissor lift) to do the work, which is not a great idea in a finished residential space. It can crack tile and/or damage flooring, even if covered in sheets of luan board (thin board) for protection.